Bonn Christmas Market

Dampfnudel
What's in: CARBS and FATS
Comment: Oh my, it was like eating a plain giant bao (bun) drenched in sweet cherry and vanilla sauce. Ooooohhh my the carbs!!! The sauce can be diabetically sweet!


Baileys Ballen
What's in: Baileys, chocolate and fats.
Comment: A ball of alcoholic fats! I don't know how to describe this, it was like eating biscuits all twisted into a ball of fatty goodies.


Lebkuchen
What's in: Chocolate, cinnamon, desiccated coconut and fats...
Comment: It wasn't too bad. The smell of cinnamon was pretty strong!


Cannelle
What's in: Chocolate and fats yay!
Comment: It was a tad too sweet for me. 


Banana Crepe
What's in: Banana slices, chocolate sauce and fats!
Comment: My Christmasy night won't be complete without a banana crepe! Hehe...


Fried Potatoes
What's in: FATS!!!!!!!
Comment: Goodness!! When I ordered, I thought they'd give one, but they gave two! Oily indeed! The applesauce was good though.


Bratwurst
What's in: Sausage!!
Comment: My boss said he'd make an exception and eat a hot dog as it wouldn't be a Christmas night without having it! And I followed suit...it was good! There were just so many types and I simply picked one.


Currywurst
What's in: Sausage drenched in curry sauce.
Comment: Out of curiosity, I wanted to know how 'curry' is 'curry' enough and uhmmmm well it wasn't the same as the curry back home. Oh well, it wasn't too bad either. Just not the typical Malay or Indian curry taste.


Mixed Peanuts
What's in: FATSSSSSSSSS!!
Comment: Oh my!!!!!!! These mixed peanuts were sooooo addictively good! We can't stop popping it into our mouth and the next thing we know, we ran out of peanuts and had to get another one!


Nutella Waffle
What's in: NUTELLA BABY!!! And heck tons of fats!
Comment: Who can resist Nutella!!!!!!


Churros
What's in: Chocolate and FATS.
Comment: I just couldn't resist it despite the amount of calories in this cup! 


Salmon
What's in: Salmon and mayonnaise. 
Comment: Just because the queue was long at that stall, I followed suit haha and didn't regret it!


Salmon Sandwich
What's in: Salmon and bread!
Comment: Another good food with long queue and I don't mind queueing! 


Eggnog
What's in: Alcohol and egg!!!
Comment: This was my first eggnog ever and boyyyyy did I regret it! It just wasn't for me. The egg and the alcohol just don't get along well. Yuck!! I returned the glass after taking a sip and the server was surprised and asked "No like?", to which I nodded sheepishly and walked away as fast as I can!


Gluhwein (Mulled Wine)
What's in: Alcohol!!
Comment: There were so many different types of mulled wine and I knew I had to try as many as I can. Of course I tried them on different nights, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk back to my place! LOL! There was also non-alcoholic version of it. The wine was warm, kinda fruity and smelled like there were some sort of spices in it. Oh, the best thing was that, after you're done with the drink, return the cup and get back a penny or two! ;)


Date visited: December 2019
Address: 22, Gutenbergallee, 53179 Bonn, Germany.

PS: I can't remember how much it cost because I paid most of it in cash and there weren't any receipts, but my guesstimate? About €2-8 per item.


No comments:

Post a Comment