Auntie Gaik Lean's Old School Eatery

Nasi Ulam
Price: RM15
What's in: Mixed herbs rice with lettuce, sliced cucumbers, onions (yikes!) and chili sauce.
Comment: I don't know what kind of mixed herbs they used but it was very delicious!! However, my aunt said it was a little too salty. I'm a salty person so I guess it didn't matter wahahaha!


Curry Kapitan
Price: RM28
What's in: Coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, tamarind paste and curry spices with tender chicken.
Comment: The chicken was cooked to perfection as it was super tender! I took a little gravy (it was coconut milk ya know!) and it tasted really good. It wasn't spicy.


Sambal Brinjal
Price: RM18
What's in: Brinjal, sweet sambal and spring onions (yikes!).
Comment: The sambal brinjal was really good and it wasn't too spicy. Maybe a little too oily? Regardless, it was yummy.


Egg Belanda
Price: RM15
What's in: Fried egg in sweet tamarind sauce, red chili, green chili and onions (yikes!)
Comment: It was pretty good, but my cousin said it was a little too sweet.


Assam Hae
Price: RM38
What's in: Stir fried tamarind prawns in assam sauce.
Comment: I thought it will come in a bowl of curry-like gravy and oh boyyy how wrong was I! The prawns were fresh and the sauce delicious... errr maybe a bit too sweet.



Date visited: 13 February 2022
Address: 1, Bishop St, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, Penang, Malaysia.


No comments:

Post a Comment