Cottage Spices

Cendol
Price: RM5.80
What's in: Cendol, red beans, gula melaka, condensed milk and shaved ice.
Date visited: 28 December 2021
Comment: I was expecting a TALL shaved ice but what I had was disappointing. It looked more like melted ice and there were ice chunks. This pitiful serving was luckily not too sweet. 


Chicken Kapitan
Price: RM19
What's in: Coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, tamarind paste and curry spices with tender chicken.
Date visited: 28 December 2021
Comment: It was very tasty and the dry curry wasn't spicy at all. Kids can definitely eat this.


Nyonya Chap Chai
Price: RM15
What's in: Nyonya mixed vegetables.
Date visited: 28 December 2021
Comment: The gravy just wasn't for me. I couldn't accept it but it may be okay for you! I think it had some sort of fermented bean curd taste to it. 


Chicken Pongteh
Price: RM19
What's in: Stewed chicken with fermented soy bean paste.
Date visited: 26 December 2021
Comment: Although I didn't like the taste of fermented soy bean but it was very tasty and the chicken was tender.


Otak Otak
Price: RM13
What's in: Steamed fish cake with coconut milk, chili paste, lemongrass and galangal.
Date visited: 26 December 2021
Comment: My friend's 10-year-old son loved it very much, and so did we! It was very tasty and a little spicy. This kid can certainly take the heat! ;)


Ikan Goreng Cili Garam
Price: RM39
What's in: Fried fish served with salted chili and cucumbers.
Date visited: 26 December 2021
Comment: The fried fish was average, and I loved the salted chili!


Kangkung Belacan
Price: RM15
What's in: Water spinach, dried shrimp and chili.
Date visited: 26 December 2021
Comment: Loved it! I've always been a huge fan of kangkung belacan and this certainly didn't disappoint!



Address: 171, Jln Merdeka, Taman Melaka Raya, 75000 Melaka.
Note: In our first visit (dinner), we had to queue for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Probably because it was the holiday season. My second visit was during lunch hour and I queued earlier (about 20 minutes), got a seat but shared the table with other patrons.


No comments:

Post a Comment